Holmes Report Blog

The Holmes Report blog focuses on news and issues of interest to public relations professionals. Our main site can be found at www.holmesreport.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Self-Correcting Blogosphere: Here's the money quote, it seems to me, from the transcript of today's conversation between Howie Kurtz, Richard Edelman and Jeff Jarvis, who says: "The blogosphere is a much more self- correcting mechanism [than the mainstream media]. If I seem to be shilling for Mr. Edelman, somebody can attack me right on my blog and question me about that and find out."

As the Post itself found out earlier this year, the blogosphere is not kind to media--new or old--that appear to be shilling for anyone. Bloggers who appear to be regurgitating Republican talking points, or corporate press releases, will quickly lose credibility and influence and relevance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home